This program focuses on key issues of ethics, professionalism, and law practice management that are essential for new attorneys and, indeed, all attorneys. Participants will have the opportunity to engage in a lively discussion of ethical hypotheticals to illustrate the relevant and practical application of the Rules of Professional Conduct in the daily practice of law.
- forming the attorney-client relationship
- evaluating, limiting and addressing conflicts
- communicating with clients, opposing counsel, third parties, and the courts
- handling client funds and confidential information
- handling ethical lapses
Law practice management
- managing staff
- utilizing technology
- managing time and files
- establishing an effective conflict management system
- retainer agreements, declination letters
- billing best practices
Though the program follows the curriculum and utilizes an instructional video set forth by the Pennsylvania Supreme Court for the PA Bridge the Gap requirement, it also covers New Jersey practice and divergences between New Jersey, Pennsylvania and New York rules.
NJ CLE Information: This program has been approved by the Board on Continuing Legal Education of the Supreme Court of New Jersey for 4.8 hours of total CLE credit. Of these, 3.0 qualify as hours of credit for ethics/professionalism and 1.8 qualify as hours of credit for NJ newly admitted credit.