Rutgers Law School has launcheda podcast, called "The Power of Attorney," featuring Co-Deans Kimberly Mutcherson and David Lopez in conversation with leading legal minds, including alumni of our law school, our professors, and others. The series gives listeners an inside look at the power of a legal education and explores what it means to be a lawyer in an ever-changing world.
"Our podcast features timely and interesting stories about the work we're doing at Rutgers Law," said Lopez.
“This podcast allows us to bring the impactful and engaging work of Rutgers Law alumni, faculty, and students directly to listeners around the world," said Mutcherson.
Guests this season include members of Rutgers Law's world-class faculty of devoted teachers and scholars, as well as prominent Rutgers Law lawyers working everywhere from NASA and Subaru of America to Big Law or their own firms.
Other episodes this season, which will be released on a biweekly schedule, explore:
- What it's like to be a woman working in corporate law with Tara Pellicori RLAW'08, Manager and Senior Counsel at Subaru of America and adjunct professor in Rutgers Law's Entrepreneurship Clinic;
- The failures of our criminal justice system and what it's like to be wrongfully imprisoned, with exoneree Huwe Burton and Professor Laura Cohen;
- How to get into space law and work with NASA and the international community with Rebecca Bresnik RLAW'99, Assistant Chief Counsel for International Matters at NASA, Johnson Space Center;
- Navigating law school as a first-generation college and law student and the transformative power of a legal education with Charles Ray RLAW'10, Legal Studies Professor at Rider University and an attorney at Kuchinsky & Rotunno, P.C.;
- Practicing entertainment law and building a career in the music industry with Jason Berger RLAW'04, Partner at Margolis Edelstein;
- Starting your own law firm as a recent law graduate, with Brian Hall RLAW’12 and John Shindle RLAW’13, Partners at Ward, Shindle, and Hall;
- Using your law degree without practicing law with Megan Gorman RLAW'02, founding partner of Chequers Financial Management, Senior Contributor at Forbes, and author of The Wealth Intersection;
- And more from Rutgers Law faculty, including Professor Joanne Gottesman, who discusses her life-changing work in our Immigrant Justice Clinic, and Professor David Troutt, founder and director at Rutgers Law School’s Center on Law in Metropolitan Equity (CLiME).
Subscribe now to "The Power of Attorney"—episodes are available on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and other popular places where you can listen to podcasts.