How to Apply
Application Instructions for First-Year Students
- Complete all sections of the LSAC application by the March 15, 2016 priority deadline. The LSAC Code for Rutgers Law School is 2177. The Admissions Committee will begin reviewing applications on November 15, 2015 and will consider applications on a rolling basis. Applications received after March 15 may also be considered, based on space availability, but financial aid for late applicants could be limited.
- Submit a nonrefundable application fee of $65. Allow 72 hours for the fee to post to your account. You may be eligible for a fee waiver if you received one from LSAC and provide a copy of that waiver.
- Submit your LSAT score earned within the last five years, your most recent undergraduate transcripts, and at least two letters of recommendation. These materials will be combined into your Credential Assembly Service Report.
- Submit a resume and a personal statement (approximately 1,000 words) that can include military or professional experience, vocational or technical training, career success, history of overcoming hardship or disadvantage, your motivation for attending law school, and how you plan to use your legal education.
- Access your online application status.
Application instructions for transfer students
Current law students who have completed at least two semesters of law school are welcome to apply for transfer. Rutgers accepts transfers in the spring and the fall. If you would like to apply for transfer, please follow the instructions on the LSAC website.