Law and Morality at War (Oxford University Press, 2017)
Book Symposia, Review Essays, and Reviews
- Symposium on Law and Morality at War, 129 Ethics 544-683 (2019) (four articles by Jonathan Parry and Daniel Viehoff, Christopher J. Finlay, Kimberly Kessler Ferzan, and Helen Frowe, with author's reply).
- Eliav Lieblich, The Facilitative Function of Jus in Bello, 30 European Journal of International Law 321-40 (2019) (review essay).
- Thomas Gregory, Ethics and War: A Critical Intervention, Millennium: Journal of International Studies 309–20 (2018) (review essay).
- Alejandro Chehtman, 13 Criminal Law and Philosophy 673-80 (2019) (book review).
- Lisa Hecht, 100 International Review of the Red Cross 445–51 (2018) (book review).
- Janina Dill, 94 International Affairs 929-30 (2018) (book review).
Articles & Book Chapters
Reply to Parry and Viehoff, Finlay, Ferzan, and Frowe, 129 Ethics 651 (2019) (Symposium on Law and Morality at War)
Indeterminacy in the Law of Armed Conflict, 95 International Law Studies 118 (2019)
Misdirected: Targeting and Attack Under the U.S. Department of Defense Law of War Manual, in The United States Department of Defense Law of War Manual: Commentary & Critique 225 (Michael A. Newton ed., 2019)
Immunity and Impunity, in The Oxford Handbook of International Criminal Law (Kevin Jon Heller, Frederic Megret, Sarah Nouwen, Jens Ohlin, & Darryl Robinson eds., forthcoming 2020)
Defending Civilians from Defensive Killing, 15 Journal of Moral Philosophy 731 (2018)
Human Shields, in The Oxford Handbook of the Ethics of War 383 (Helen Frowe and Seth Lazar eds., 2018)
Necessity and Proportionality in the Law of War, in The Cambridge Handbook on the Just War 255 (Larry May ed., 2018)
A Theory of Jus in Bello Proportionality, in Weighing Lives: Combatants & Civilians in War 188 (Jens David Ohlin, Larry May, Claire Finkelstein eds., 2017)
Killing with Discrimination, in The Ethics of War 164 (Samuel C. Rickless and Saba Bazargan, eds., 2017)
Off Target: Selection, Precaution, and Proportionality in the DoD Manual, 92 International Law Studies 31 (2016)
Laws for War, in Theoretical Boundaries of Armed Conflict & Human Rights 25 (Jehns David Ohlin ed., 2016)
Law and Morality at War, 8 Criminal Law & Philosophy (2014) Response by Jeremy Waldron
The Revolution and the Criminal Law, 7 Criminal Law & Philosophy 231 (2013)
Retributivism: The Right and the Good, 32 Law & Philosophy 59 (2013) Response by Victor Tadros
Killing in the Fog of War, 86 Southern California Law Review 63 (2012)
Protecting and Respecting Civilians: Correcting the Substantive and Structural Defects of the Rome Statute, 14 New Criminal Law Review 519 (2011)
Criminal Law and Morality at War, in Philosophical Foundations of Criminal Law 481 (R.A. Duff and Stuart P. Green, eds., 2011)
International Crime: in Context and in Contrast, in The Structures of Criminal Law 106 (R.A. Duff, Lindsay Farmer, S.E. Marshall, Massimo Renzo, and Victor Tadros, eds., 2011)
Torture, Terror, and the Inversion of Moral Principle, 10 New Criminal Law Review 613 (2007)
Lawrence v. Texas and the Limits of the Criminal Law, 42 Harvard Civil Rights–Civil Liberties Law Review 1 (2007)
Group Violence and Group Vengeance: Toward a Retributivist Theory of International Criminal Law, 9 Buffalo Criminal Law Review 273 (2005) (now the New Criminal Law Review)
Professor Haque's SSRN page