The spring semester is traditionally the busiest time in the Rutgers Law School calendar with many events planned in both Newark and Camden.
But due to Rutgers University President Barchi’s directive this month to protect the university community from COVID-19, many of our planned events have had to be rescheduled or cancelled.
The good news is that Rutgers Law students will continue to learn remotely from our law school professors and we are hopeful that the school community will be able to come back together later this semester before commencement.
In the meantime, please take note of the following Rutgers Law School events that involve alumni that have been cancelled:
- The Association of Latin American Law Students annual Fiesta con Sabor – March 12
- The Rutgers University Law Review annual dinner – March 25
- The Asian Pacific American Law Students Association MELA – March 26
- The Rutgers Law School-Newark Alumni Association’s annual Chief Justice Weintraub Lecture featuring Chief Judge Freda Wolfson – April 2
- The Minority Student Program (MSP) Annual Banquet – April 16
- Alumni reunions for the Classes of: 1960, 1970, 1980, 1990, 2000, 2010, and 1975 – April 17
- Annual Easter Egg Hunt - March 22
- The Association for Public Interest Law Auction - April 2 - instead will be held online at a date TBD
- The Donald C. Clark Jr. RLAW ’79 Endowed Law and Religion Lecture – April 1
- Rutgers Law School's annual Giving Day - March 25 - will be held virtually
The Center for Corporate Law and Governance, which spans both Camden and Newark has canceled:
- The fifth annual Corporate Compliance Institute – March 27, Camden
- A program co-sponsored with the Rutgers Business Law Review, “New Jersey’s Proposed Rule on Fiduciary Standards for Financial Professionals”- April 2, Newark
Note: Every expectation is that the Center’s program on April 24 in Newark titled: “A Decade After the Dodd-Frank Act: New Challenges, Innovations, and Developments in Financial Regulation,” will remain as scheduled.
Additional programming after April 15 may be revisited. Be sure to check the Rutgers Law School website calendar for additional updates at: events.law.rutgers.edu